This is the biggest joke on the bakery isle. I shudder when I think of how much money I wasted on this junk!

The box proudly shows what looks for the world like the conventional "German chocolate" cake, with large letters boasting REAL nuts and REAL coconut inside. Buying this fake has taught me NEVER to buy another Duncan Hines mix - EVER! This is NOT German chocolate - not even close. and the mix that is shown on the box (with REAL ingredients) wouldn't even cover 2 cupcakes when prepared as directed.

The taste is HORRIBLE and the "nuts" are as hard as a rock. This was made for my son's birthday as German chocolate cake is his favorite. Well, I cannot recall being this embarrassed once we all began to taste this AWFUL sham! Perhaps I will make a REAL German chocolate cake, take a picture and list the many steps it takes to actually have the taste this cake is famous for delivering.

If you are smart you will take this pitiful garbage off the market, fancy box and all. I remember when Duncan Hines meant quality.

"Decadent" my foot!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of duncan hines decadent german cake mix and associated monetary loss in the amount of $5. Duncan Hines needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned duncan hines decadent german cake mix in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Duncan Hines. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Aldi Grocery.

Comments