I have used Duncan Hines' Angel Food Cake mix for years with great success. It was so good, I would never use anything else.

The last two boxes I purchased have produced really inferior results. The first had low volume after whipping and did not fill the cake pan as much as formerly. Taste was still good, but shorter finished cake. I was so disappointed!!

Thinking the mix might have been near the expiration, (I tossed the box before checking) I bought another box and made it the same day. Even worse results than the previous week! The mix would not whip into peaks, it was soupy. I baked it anyway and it barely rose.

The texture was full of holes, heavy, tough and no where near the quality Duncan Hines used to be. I am so disappointed in Duncan Hines. I used to choose their brand over all else.

No more. What has happened to them?!!

Review about: Duncan Hines Angel Food Cake Mix.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Raise your quality standard to become the industry leader once again.

I liked: Cake mix.

I didn't like: Poor product quality.

Comments

Mine did the same today. The batter has always been slightly thick, and I’d run a knife through it before baking to eliminate holes.

Now the batter is runny and it didn’t rise. I’m spreading the word about the poor quality.