Done with Duncan Hines Cake Mixes

5 of 23 Duncan Hines reviews

Last year, I attempted several cake recipes that were friends and family favorites for YEARS.None came out right, thinking it was the oven or another ingredient that caused the fail.

Not once did I think it was the DH cake mix as it was always the fail safe ingredient, and I always check and store by expiration dates. It wasn't until I was doing research, determined to find the root cause before I started on my holiday baking, that I discovered DH changed the size of their cake mixes. They also added double the sodium! I was shocked, pissed, and vowed not to use DH again.

I gave my remaining cake mixes to the food pantry and have not made cakes that required mix since. Just recently, I wanted to bring something to a grieving friend. She requested one of my cakes. I was hopeful that with all the complaints, DH would have remedied their mixes.

Sadly, the cake was horrible. Not only does it not bake properly, the taste is just gone.

Apparently when Pinnacle Foods bought the DH brand, it didn't include maintaining the "Relentless commitment to quality in every product and recipe" that Duncan Hines stood by for over 70 years.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
5 of 23 Duncan Hines reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 12 #1198227 Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States

They are now putting Palm oil and vegetable shortening instead of barley flour and vegetable oil shortening! I make their or (made) their milk chocolate brownies a few times a week for myself and my family and now will be looking for a new brownie mix! New mix has NO FLAVOR! DRY! AWFUL!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Duncan Hines. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Duncan Hines.
Filing a new complaint about
×