Last year, I attempted several cake recipes that were friends and family favorites for YEARS.None came out right, thinking it was the oven or another ingredient that caused the fail.
Not once did I think it was the DH cake mix as it was always the fail safe ingredient, and I always check and store by expiration dates. It wasn't until I was doing research, determined to find the root cause before I started on my holiday baking, that I discovered DH changed the size of their cake mixes. They also added double the sodium! I was shocked, pissed, and vowed not to use DH again.
I gave my remaining cake mixes to the food pantry and have not made cakes that required mix since. Just recently, I wanted to bring something to a grieving friend. She requested one of my cakes. I was hopeful that with all the complaints, DH would have remedied their mixes.
Sadly, the cake was horrible. Not only does it not bake properly, the taste is just gone.
Apparently when Pinnacle Foods bought the DH brand, it didn't include maintaining the "Relentless commitment to quality in every product and recipe" that Duncan Hines stood by for over 70 years.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "We bought a few boxes of Whitman Samplers with holiday seasonal gift wrap at Rite Aid back in November. We had one box leftover from giving Whitman Sampler boxes to..."
- "My husband was drinking a monster and noticed a weird taste. After drinking about 1/2 he decided to pour it into a glass and found bugs (alive) swimming in..."
- "I have a complaint to make which I think you need to know about. I grabbed a bag of new unopened Barbecue chips for a quick snack. Ripped open the..."
- "There is no customer care.. I love to shop on Zara, just like there cloths ... this is my first time that have to deal with their customer care... turn..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."